2013 ORS § 457.220¹
- • limit on additional land and increased maximum indebtedness
(1) Except for the provisions of subsections (2) and (4) of this section, an urban renewal agency shall carry out the urban renewal plan approved under ORS 457.095 (Approval of plan by ordinance).
(2) Any substantial change made in the urban renewal plan shall, before being carried out, be approved and recorded in the same manner as the original plan.
(3) No land equal to more than 20 percent of the total land area of the original plan shall be added to the urban renewal areas of a plan by amendments.
(4) On or after January 1, 2010, the urban renewal agency may amend a plan that is not a large metropolitan plan as defined in ORS 457.470 (Modification of assessed value) to increase the maximum indebtedness, provided that:
(a) The aggregate of all amendments under this subsection may not exceed 20 percent of the plans initial maximum indebtedness, as adjusted pursuant to paragraph (b) of this subsection.
(b) For purposes of computing the 20 percent limit on increases in maximum indebtedness, the initial maximum indebtedness may be increased annually on the anniversary date of initial approval of the plan by the index used in the urban renewal report to compute the future costs of projects that will be financed under the plan, beginning on the later of July 1, 1999, or the first anniversary of plan approval. This increase may be applied only to the first amendment to the maximum indebtedness that is made on or after January 1, 2010.
(5) The limits in subsection (4) of this section do not apply if the agency obtains concurrence as provided in ORS 457.470 (Modification of assessed value). [1957 c.456 §9; 1979 c.621 §20; 2009 c.700 §2]