2011 ORS § 456.355¹
Definitions for ORS 456.355 to 456.370
(1) Governing body means the governing body of any city or county.
(2) Housing project means any work or undertaking of a nonprofit sponsor, limited-dividend housing corporation or a for-profit developer meeting the requirements of subsection (5) of this section for the purpose of operating, rehabilitating or constructing decent, safe and sanitary housing for families and individuals who cannot obtain such shelter in the open market for 25 percent of the gross family income.
(3) Nonprofit housing sponsor means any corporation not for profit organized under the provisions of ORS chapter 65 for the purpose of undertaking, constructing or operating a housing project, or authorized by its charter to undertake, construct or operate a housing project.
(4) Limited-dividend housing corporation means any corporation that qualifies as such under the federal Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968.
(5) For-profit developer means a developer who agrees to rent housing units at below-market rent over a substantial period of time to households with income limits stipulated by the city or county.
(a) Proposals for such projects shall be solicited by appropriate direct and indirect invitation.
(b) Proposals received shall be measured against stated criteria, and reasons for the choices made shall be recorded.
(c) The financial stability of the developer shall be established to the satisfaction of the city or county.
(d) The Housing and Community Services Department shall review the documentation for paragraphs (a), (b) and (c) of this subsection for procedural compliance. The department may comment on the issue of benefits received against the benefits conferred, but it is not the intent of the legislature that the department shall substitute its judgment for that of the city or county in determining whether these benefits are in balance. [1969 c.185 §2; 1975 c.138 §1]