2013 ORS § 456.055¹
General definitions for ORS 456.055 to 456.235
As used in the Housing Authorities Law, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) Affordable housing means dwelling units that may be purchased or rented, with or without government assistance, by persons of eligible income.
(2) Blighted area means any area where housing, by reason of neglect and dilapidation, is detrimental to the safety or health of the occupants or of the neighborhood in which the housing is located.
(3) Bonds means any bonds, notes, interim certificates, debentures or other obligations issued by an authority pursuant to the Housing Authorities Law. The giving of a note secured by a mortgage or trust deed will not constitute a bond.
(4) The city means the particular city included within a particular housing authority.
(5) Clerk means the recorder of the city or the clerk of the county, as the case may be, or the officer of the city or the county, respectively, charged with the duties customarily imposed on such clerk.
(6) County means any county in the state. The county means a particular county or counties for which a particular housing authority is created.
(7) Governing body means, in the case of a city, the common council or other legislative body thereof, and, in the case of a county, the county court, commission or other legislative body thereof.
(8) Housing means housing of all kinds, including but not limited to single-family dwellings, multifamily dwellings, emergency shelters, dwelling accommodations, living accommodations, manufactured dwelling parks, residential units, housing projects or other dwellings.
(9) Housing unit or unit means a single-family dwelling, a single apartment or other single dwelling.
(10) Mixed income housing means a housing project that houses tenants with a mixture of income levels, including those not of lower income, for the purpose of reducing the rents for tenants whose incomes are no greater than 60 percent of the area median income.
(11) Obligee of the authority or obligee includes any bondholder or trustee for any bondholder, or lessor demising to the authority property used in connection with a housing project, or any assignee of such lessors interest or any part thereof, and the federal government when it is a party to any contract with the authority.
(12) Persons of eligible income means individuals or families who meet the applicable income limits of local, state or federally funded programs or developments.
(13) Private market means those rental housing units owned and operated by nongovernment entities and without government subsidies.
(14) Person of lower income or family of lower income means a person or a family, residing in this state, whose income is not greater than 80 percent of the area median income, adjusted for family size, as determined by the Housing and Community Services Department using United States Department of Housing and Urban Development information.
(15) Real property includes all lands, including improvements and fixtures thereon, and property of any nature appurtenant thereto, or used in connection therewith, and every estate, interest and right, legal or equitable, therein, including terms for years and liens by way of judgment, mortgage or otherwise and the indebtedness secured by such liens. [Amended by 1971 c.471 §1; 1973 c.672 §1; 1987 c.821 §1; 1989 c.874 §1; 1995 c.445 §2; 2007 c.606 §5]