2011 ORS § 450.885¹
Tax levies on property in the authority
- • budget for authority
(1) The authority may, annually as provided in this section:
(a) Levy a tax on all the property in the authority to provide funds with which to pay expenses of the authority and pay general obligation bonds of the authority which expenses and bonds are not chargeable under ORS 450.600 (Joint authorities) to 450.989 (Apportionment of cost among serviced property owners) to any particular area in the authority.
(b) Levy an additional tax on the property in any particular area within the authority to provide funds with which to pay any part of the principal and interest on general obligation bonds which are to be paid by such area where sewer service charges or assessments will not be sufficient to pay such principal and interest.
(2) Assessment and collection of taxes levied on property within the authority shall be made by the county officers charged with assessment and collection of other property taxes in the county in which the property lies.
(3) Each year, immediately after the necessary records are made, the county assessor of each county in which the authority is situated shall transmit to the board a statement in writing, showing the total value of all property within the authority and within each area within the authority which is subject to levy under subsection (1)(b) of this section as ascertained for that year from the assessment rolls of each county in which property of the authority lies.
(4) The board shall prepare a budget in the form, manner and time prescribed in the Local Budget Law and in accordance therewith fix the amount of money to be raised by taxation for carrying out its functions and activities and for the payment of the principal and interest of outstanding indebtedness of the authority which will become due during the year. The board shall determine the amount of taxes to be raised from the entire authority and the additional amount to be raised from each of the areas within the authority which are directly benefited by particular installations.
(5) The board shall, in the manner and time prescribed by law, transmit to the county assessor of each county a statement of taxes which are to be collected in such county. If the board fails to levy taxes under this section sufficient to pay the interest on and the maturing principal of all outstanding general obligation bonds of the entire authority or on property in areas which are primarily obligated to pay the bonds, the governing body of the counties in which the authority is situated shall cause such taxes to be levied, extended and collected and, if necessary, cause a tax on all the property in the authority to be levied, extended and collected to pay general obligation bonds of the authority. However, any levy against all property in the authority under this subsection shall not alter or limit the obligation of the area primarily obligated on the bonds as between such area and the authority. [1955 c.614 §39; 1995 c.79 §225]