2015 ORS § 448.030¹
- • contents
- • issuance or denial
- • plan review and construction permit fees
(1) Any person desiring to construct any public swimming pool, public spa pool, public wading pool or bathhouse shall file application for a permit to do so with the Oregon Health Authority.
(2) The application shall be accompanied by a description of the sources of water supply, amount and quality of water available and intended to be used, method and manner of water purification, treatment, disinfection, heating, regulating and cleaning, lifesaving apparatus, and measures to insure safety of bathers, measures to insure personal cleanliness of bathers, methods and manner of washing, disinfecting, drying and storing bathing apparel and towels, and all other information and statistics that may be required by the authority. The authority shall either approve or reject the application based upon the plans submitted and either issue or deny the construction permit.
(3) After a construction permit is issued and upon request, the authority shall cause an investigation to be made of the proposed public swimming pool, public spa pool, public wading pool or bathhouse. If the authority determines that the public swimming pool, public spa pool, public wading pool or bathhouse complies with the rules of the authority, it shall issue a final approval which shall authorize the issuance of a license.
(4) An applicant for a permit to construct a public swimming pool, public spa pool, public wading pool or bathhouse to be owned, operated or maintained by a person for profit, or in conjunction with a travelers accommodation or recreation park, shall pay the authority a plan review fee of $100 and a construction permit fee of $200, which entitles the holder to two inspections toward final approval. The authority shall not impose any new standards after a second or any subsequent inspection. For any subsequent construction inspection necessary, the permit holder shall pay $100 for each inspection. [Amended by 1961 c.566 §5; 1973 c.215 §4; 1979 c.453 §3; 1979 c.696 §5a; 1981 c.749 §24; 1983 c.781 §2; 1999 c.929 §2; 2009 c.595 §830]