2015 ORS § 446.253¹
Authority of director
- • authority of local governments
(1) The authority of the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services under ORS 446.250 (Duties of director) shall be in addition to the provisions of ORS chapter 455. Where the provisions of ORS 446.252 (Installation permit required) and this section conflict with the provisions under ORS chapter 455, the provisions of ORS 446.252 (Installation permit required) and this section shall control.
(2) Except as otherwise provided by this subsection, any municipality that establishes a program under ORS 446.252 (Installation permit required) and 455.150 (Selective municipal building inspection programs) and this section to administer and enforce installations of manufactured dwellings and manufactured structure accessory buildings and structures shall assume full responsibility for permit issuance and inspections under that program including related electrical, plumbing, structural and mechanical installations for a manufactured dwelling and manufactured structure accessory buildings and structures as defined in ORS 446.003 (Definitions for ORS 446.003 to 446.200 and 446.225 to 446.285 and ORS chapters 195, 196, 197, 215 and 227).
(3) The director may by order relieve a municipality from compliance with the requirements of subsection (2) of this section under the following conditions:
(a) Budget limitations of the municipality;
(b) Inadequate staffing of the municipality;
(c) Inability to contract services with another municipality; or
(d) Where the public is inconvenienced by increased cost, travel distance or time loss.
(4) The Department of Consumer and Business Services, subject to ORS chapter 183, may revoke any authority of a local government to conduct inspections, administration or enforcement of manufactured dwelling installations and manufactured structure accessory building installations and manufactured dwelling alterations under ORS 455.150 (Selective municipal building inspection programs) if the director determines that the municipality is not effectively carrying out duties assumed by the municipality. [1989 c.1017 §3; 1991 c.226 §17; 1991 c.409 §6; 1993 c.744 §56; 1995 c.251 §7; 1997 c.205 §5]