2013 ORS § 442.700¹
Definitions for ORS 442.700 to 442.760
(1) Board of governors means the governors of a cooperative program as described in ORS 442.720 (Board of governors for cooperative program).
(2) Cooperative program means a program among two or more health care providers for the purpose of providing heart and kidney transplant services including, but not limited to, the sharing, allocation and referral of physicians, patients, personnel, instructional programs, support services, facilities, medical, diagnostic, laboratory or therapeutic services, equipment, devices or supplies, and other services traditionally offered by health care providers.
(3) Health care provider means a hospital, physician or entity, a significant part of whose activities consist of providing hospital or physician services in this state. For purposes of the immunities provided by ORS 442.700 (Definitions for ORS 442.700 to 442.760) to 442.760 (Status to contest order) and 646.740 (Permitted activities), health care provider includes any officer, director, trustee, employee, or agent of, or any entity under common ownership and control with, a health care provider.
(4) Hospital means a hospital, a long term care facility or an ambulatory surgical center, as those terms are defined in ORS 442.015 (Definitions), that is licensed under ORS 441.015 (Licensing of facilities and health maintenance organizations) to 441.089 (Application of Health Care Quality Improvement Act of 1986). Hospital includes community health programs established under ORS 430.610 (Legislative policy) to 430.695 (Treatment of certain receipts as offsets to state funds).
(5) Order means a decision issued by the Director of the Oregon Health Authority under ORS 442.710 (Application for approval of cooperative program) either approving or denying an application for a cooperative program and includes modifications of an original order under ORS 442.730 (Review and evaluation of report) (3)(b) and ORS 442.740 (Powers of director over action under cooperative program) (1) and (4).
(6) Party to a cooperative program agreement or party means an entity that enters into the principal agreement to establish a cooperative program and applies for approval under ORS 442.700 (Definitions for ORS 442.700 to 442.760) to 442.760 (Status to contest order) and 646.740 (Permitted activities) and any other entity that, with the approval of the director, becomes a member of a cooperative program.
(7) Physician means a physician licensed under ORS chapter 677. [1993 c.769 §3; 2001 c.104 §182; 2007 c.70 §244; 2009 c.595 §755; 2009 c.792 §42; 2011 c.720 §198; 2013 c.129 §32]