2011 ORS § 442.550¹
Definitions for ORS 442.550 to 442.570
(1) Barriers to accessing health care means being enrolled in Medicare or the state medical assistance program or not having health insurance coverage.
(2) Dentist means any person licensed to practice dentistry under ORS chapter 679.
(3) Naturopathic physician means any person who holds a degree of Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine and who is licensed to practice medicine under ORS chapter 685.
(4) Nurse practitioner means any person licensed under ORS 678.375 (Nurse practitioners).
(5) Pharmacist means any person licensed as a pharmacist under ORS chapter 689.
(6) Physician means any person who holds a degree of Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy and who is licensed to practice medicine under ORS chapter 677.
(7) Physician assistant means any person licensed under ORS 677.495 (Definitions for ORS 677.495 to 677.545) and 677.505 (Application of provisions governing physician assistants to other health professions) to 677.525 (Fees).
(8) Qualifying loan means any loan made to a student of naturopathic medicine, medical student, physician assistant student, dental student, pharmacy student or nursing student under:
(b) Programs under Title IV parts B, D and E, of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended; and
(c) The Health Professions Student Loan, Nursing Student Loan, Health Education Assistance Loan and Primary Care Loan programs administered by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
(9) Qualifying practice site means:
(a) A rural hospital as defined in ORS 442.470 (Definitions for ORS 442.470 to 442.507);
(b) A rural health clinic as defined in 42 U.S.C. 1395x(aa)(2);
(c) A pharmacy that is located in a medically underserved rural community in Oregon or a federally designated health professional shortage area and that is not part of a group of six or more pharmacies under common ownership;
(d) Another practice site in a medically underserved rural community in Oregon; or
(e) An urban practice site at which the practitioner applying for or receiving loan repayments under ORS 442.550 (Definitions for ORS 442.550 to 442.570) to 442.570 (Primary Care Services Fund) attests a willingness to serve patients with barriers to accessing health care in at least the same proportion to the practitioners total number of patients as the number of individuals with barriers to accessing health care residing in the county where the practice site is located, as determined by the Office of Rural Health, represents to the total number of residents in the county. [1989 c.893 §16; 1991 c.947 §5; 1999 c.582 §11; 1999 c.704 §23; 2001 c.336 §1; 2005 c.357 §3; 2007 c.485 §1; 2010 c.42 §1]
Note: 442.550 (Definitions for ORS 442.550 to 442.570) to 442.570 (Primary Care Services Fund) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 442 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.