2013 ORS § 441.172¹
Definitions for ORS 441.172 to 441.182
(1) Affiliated hospital means a hospital that has a business relationship with another hospital.
(2) Hospital means:
(a) An acute inpatient care facility, as defined in ORS 442.470 (Definitions for ORS 442.470 to 442.507); or
(b) A hospital as described in ORS 442.015 (Definitions).
(3) Manager means a person who:
(a) Has authority to direct and control the work performance of nursing staff;
(b) Has authority to take corrective action regarding a violation of law or a rule or a violation of professional standards of practice, about which a nursing staff has complained; or
(c) Has been designated by a hospital to receive the notice described in ORS 441.174 (Retaliation prohibited) (2).
(4) Nursing staff means a registered nurse, a licensed practical nurse, a nursing assistant or any other assistive nursing personnel.
(5) Public body has the meaning given that term in ORS 30.260 (Definitions for ORS 30.260 to 30.300).
(6) Retaliatory action means the discharge, suspension, demotion, harassment, denial of employment or promotion, or layoff of a nursing staff, or other adverse action taken against a nursing staff in the terms or conditions of employment of the nursing staff, as a result of filing a complaint. [2001 c.609 §9]
Note: See note under 441.160 (Hospital defined for ORS 441.162 to 441.170).