2015 ORS § 431.705¹
Definitions for ORS 431.705 to 431.760
As used in ORS 431.705 (Definitions for ORS 431.705 to 431.760) to 431.760 (Certain persons prohibited from participating in proceedings), unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) Affected territory means an area that is the subject of a proceedings under ORS 431.705 (Definitions for ORS 431.705 to 431.760) to 431.760 (Certain persons prohibited from participating in proceedings) where there is a danger to public health or an alleged danger to public health.
(2) Boundary commission means a local government boundary commission created under ORS 199.410 (Policy) to 199.430 (Procedure for creating commissions by local resolution or petition), 199.435 (Organization of commission created under ORS 199.430) to 199.464 (Commission approval for exercise of additional district function, to extraterritorially extend district or city sewer or water line or to establish privately owned community water system), 199.480 (Filing of major boundary change order) to 199.505 (Effective date of minor boundary changes) and 199.510 (Financial effects of transfer or withdrawal).
(3) Commission means the Environmental Quality Commission.
(4) Danger to public health means a condition which is conducive to the propagation of communicable or contagious disease-producing organisms and which presents a reasonably clear possibility that the public generally is being exposed to disease-caused physical suffering or illness, including a condition such as:
(a) Impure or inadequate domestic water.
(b) Inadequate installations for the disposal or treatment of sewage, garbage or other contaminated or putrefying waste.
(c) Inadequate improvements for drainage of surface water and other fluid substances.
(5) District means any one of the following:
(a) A metropolitan service district formed under ORS chapter 268.
(b) A county service district formed under ORS chapter 451.
(c) A sanitary district formed under ORS 450.005 (Definitions for ORS 450.005 to 450.245) to 450.245 (Application of ORS 450.005 to 450.245 to districts organized under former laws).
(d) A sanitary authority, water authority or joint water and sanitary authority formed under ORS 450.600 (Joint authorities) to 450.989 (Apportionment of cost among serviced property owners).
(e) A domestic water supply district formed under ORS chapter 264.
(6) Requesting body means the county court or local public health authority, as defined in ORS 431.003 (Definitions), that makes a request under ORS 431.715 (Resolution requesting Oregon Health Authority to initiate formation or annexation).
(7) Service facilities means water or sewer installations or works. [1973 c.361 §1; 1975 c.266 §1; 1981 c.452 §1; 1993 c.577 §20; 2001 c.900 §151; 2009 c.595 §576; 2015 c.736 §72]