2015 ORS § 430.256¹
Planning and administering alcohol and drug treatment programs
- • establishment of guidelines for program reviews and audits
- • rules
(1) The Director of the Oregon Health Authority shall administer alcohol and drug abuse programs, including but not limited to programs or components of programs described in ORS 430.397 (Voluntary admission of person to treatment facility) to 430.401 (Liability of public officers, providers, treatment facilities and sobering facilities), 475.225 (Education and research), 743.557 and 743.558 and ORS chapters 430 and 801 to 822.
(2) Subject to ORS 417.300 (Purpose of ORS 417.305) and 417.305 (Legislative findings relating to serving children and families), the director shall:
(a) Report to the Alcohol and Drug Policy Commission on accomplishments and issues occurring during each biennium, and report on a new biennial plan describing resources, needs and priorities for all alcohol and drug abuse programs.
(b) Develop within the Oregon Health Authority priorities for alcohol and drug abuse programs and activities.
(c) Conduct statewide and special planning processes which provide for participation from state and local agencies, groups and individuals.
(d) Identify the needs of special populations including minorities, elderly, youth, women and individuals with disabilities.
(e) Subject to ORS chapter 183, adopt such rules as are necessary for the performance of the duties and functions specified by this section.
(3) The director may apply for, receive and administer funds, including federal funds and grants, from sources other than the state. Subject to expenditure limitation set by the Legislative Assembly, funds received under this subsection may be expended by the director:
(a) For the study, prevention or treatment of alcohol and drug abuse and dependence in this state.
(b) To provide training, both within this state and in other states, in the prevention and treatment of alcohol and drug abuse and dependence.
(4) The director shall, in consultation with state agencies and counties, establish guidelines to coordinate program review and audit activities by state agencies and counties that provide funds to alcohol and drug prevention and treatment programs. The purpose of the guidelines is to minimize duplication of auditing and program review requirements imposed by state agencies and counties on alcohol and drug prevention and treatment programs that receive state funds, including programs that receive beer and wine tax revenues under ORS 430.380 (Mental Health Alcoholism and Drug Services Account) and 471.810 (Distribution of available moneys in Oregon Liquor Control Commission Account). [Formerly 409.410]
Note: 430.256 (Planning and administering alcohol and drug treatment programs) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 430 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.