2013 ORS § 430.195¹
Receipt of funds for client use
- • disbursements from trust accounts
- • authority of other agencies
(1) The Department of Human Services may receive funds that are the property of the departments clients or are contributed for the use of the departments clients. The department shall deposit such funds in trust accounts established under ORS 293.445 (Definition for ORS 293.445 to 293.460). Interest earned by a trust account shall be credited to the account.
(2) The Oregon Health Authority may receive funds that are the property of the authoritys clients or are contributed for the use of the authoritys clients. The authority shall deposit such funds in trust accounts established under ORS 293.445 (Definition for ORS 293.445 to 293.460). Interest earned by a trust account shall be credited to the account.
(3) Disbursements from a trust account shall be made for purposes for which the contributions or payments were made to the department or the authority. When such purposes include the care or maintenance of a client, the department or the authority may draw reimbursements from the account to pay for care and services provided to the client.
(4) The department or the authority may by interagency agreement authorize another state agency to exercise the authority granted under this section. Any system of accounts used for purposes of this subsection shall provide detailed accountability for each receipt and disbursement of funds for each client. The department and the authority shall remain accountable for the proper handling of the trust accounts authorized by this section. [1999 c.829 §7; 2009 c.595 §469]
Note: 430.195 (Receipt of funds for client use) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 430 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.