2011 ORS § 427.205¹
State Training Center Review Board
- • appointment
- • terms
- • compensation and expenses
- • duties
(1) The Director of Human Services shall appoint a State Training Center Review Board composed of three members. The Arc of Oregon, the Fairview Parents Association and the Oregon Council on Developmental Disabilities or their successor organizations may each recommend three persons to the director. The director may select one person from each list to serve as a member of the board. Each board member shall have had at least five years of involvement and active interest in programs for persons with intellectual disabilities. A board member may not be an employee of the Department of Human Services.
(2) The term of office of each member is two years. The director may remove any member for misconduct or neglect of duty. Replacement of board members shall be accomplished by the same procedure as that used in subsection (1) of this section for selection. The director shall request a new list of three persons from the organization whose nominee for board member is to be replaced.
(3) A member of the board not otherwise employed full-time by the state shall be paid on a per diem basis an amount equal to four percent of the gross monthly salary of a member of the State Board of Parole and Post-Prison Supervision for each day during which the member is engaged in the performance of official duties, including necessary travel time. In addition, subject to ORS 292.220 (Department to regulate subsistence and mileage allowances for travel) to 292.250 (Reimbursement for use of privately owned motor vehicle on official business) regulating travel and other expenses of state officers and employees, the member shall be reimbursed for actual and necessary travel and other expenses incurred by the member in the performance of official duties.
(4) The board shall perform the following duties:
(a) Review decisions of the Developmental Disability Diagnosis and Evaluation Service regarding admissions to state training centers that have been appealed by the applicant or, if a minor or incapacitated person, by the person applying on the behalf of the minor or incapacitated person and advise the director regarding the appropriateness for the admission.
(b) Review decisions of the department pursuant to ORS 427.300 (Assignment to appropriate facility) (2) when the resident, parent of the resident, guardian or person entitled to custody has appealed the decision and advised the director regarding the appropriateness of the decision.
(c) Annually review state training center plans for continuing residential care and training of residents pursuant to ORS 427.020 (Review of plan of care for residents).
(5) The board shall operate pursuant to rules adopted by the department. [1979 c.683 §11; 1989 c.1006 §3; 2007 c.70 §220; 2009 c.11 §61; 2011 c.658 §11]