2011 ORS § 427.195¹
Schedule of admissions
- • priority admissions
- • costs of transportation and maintenance
(1) Persons are entitled to admission to state training centers in the order in which completed applications are received and filed by the Developmental Disability Diagnosis and Evaluation Service, whether the person has been committed to the Department of Human Services or is voluntarily requesting admission. However, pursuant to rules of the department, persons may be admitted on a priority basis if their behavior or condition is a threat to their welfare or safety or to the safety of others.
(2) A person committed to the department and approved for admission by the Developmental Disability Diagnosis and Evaluation Service shall be conveyed to the designated training center by a member of the family of the person or other persons legally responsible for the person. The expense of the transportation of the person to the designated training center shall be paid by the county in which the petition of commitment is filed.
(3) The costs of transportation for a voluntary applicant to the designated training center shall be paid by the applicant or, if the applicant is a minor or incapacitated person, by the parents or person entitled to custody of the applicant.
(4) The cost of maintenance for the period of residence shall be determined as provided for in ORS 179.610 (Definitions for ORS 179.610 to 179.770) to 179.770 (Rules) and paid by the appropriate persons or agencies, whether the resident was committed to the department or voluntarily applied for admission to the training center. [Formerly 427.065]