2015 ORS § 426.508¹
Sale of F. H. Dammasch State Hospital
- • fair market value
- • redevelopment of property
- • property reserved for community housing
(1) Notwithstanding ORS 421.611 (Findings) to 421.630 (Judicial review) or any actions taken under ORS 421.611 (Findings) to 421.630 (Judicial review), the Department of Corrections shall transfer the real property known as the F. H. Dammasch State Hospital and all improvements to the Oregon Department of Administrative Services to be sold for the benefit of the Oregon Health Authority.
(2)(a) Notwithstanding ORS 270.100 (Notice to department before sale of real property) to 270.190 (Disposition of operating fund revenues), and except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, the Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall sell or otherwise convey the real property known as the F. H. Dammasch State Hospital in a manner consistent with the provisions of this section. Conveyance shall not include transfer to a state agency. The sale price of the real property shall equal or exceed the fair market value of the real property. The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall engage the services of a licensed real estate broker or principal real estate broker to facilitate the sale of the real property.
(b) The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall retain from the sale or other conveyance of the real property those costs incurred by the state in selling or conveying the real property, including costs incurred by the Department of Corrections in transferring the real property to the Oregon Department of Administrative Services. The remaining proceeds from the sale or other conveyance shall be transferred to the Community Housing Trust Account created under ORS 426.506 (Community Mental Health Housing Fund) (3).
(3) Redevelopment of the real property formerly occupied by the F. H. Dammasch State Hospital shall be consistent with the Dammasch Area Transportation Efficient Land Use Plan developed by Clackamas County, the City of Wilsonville, the Oregon Department of Administrative Services, the Department of Land Conservation and Development, the Department of Transportation, the Oregon Housing Stability Council, the Oregon Health Authority and the Department of State Lands.
(4) The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall reserve from the sale of the real property under subsection (2) of this section not more than 10 acres. The real property reserved from sale shall be transferred to the Oregon Health Authority for use by the authority to develop community housing for persons with chronic mental illness. The department and the authority shall jointly coordinate with the City of Wilsonville to identify the real property reserved from sale under this subsection. [1999 c.983 §5; 2001 c.300 §76; 2001 c.900 §253; 2007 c.70 §213; 2009 c.595 §432; 2015 c.180 §47]