2013 ORS § 421.510¹
Eligibility for nonprison leave
- • rules
(1) The Department of Corrections may consider an offender for nonprison leave under this section if the court has entered the order described in ORS 137.751 (Determination of defendants eligibility for release on post-prison supervision under ORS 421.508).
(2) Nonprison leave shall provide offenders with an opportunity to secure appropriate transitional support when necessary for successful reintegration into the community prior to the offenders discharge to post-prison supervision.
(3) An offender may submit a nonprison leave plan to the Department of Corrections. The plan shall indicate that the offender has secured an employment, educational or other transitional opportunity in the community to which the offender will be released and that a leave of up to 90 days is an essential part of the offenders successful reintegration into the community.
(4) Upon verification of the offenders nonprison leave plan, the department may grant nonprison leave no more than 90 days prior to the offenders date of release on post-prison supervision under ORS 421.508 (Determination of eligibility for program) (4).
(5) The department shall establish by rule a set of conditions for offenders released on nonprison leave. An offender on nonprison leave shall be subject to immediate return to prison for any violation of the conditions of nonprison leave.
(6) During the period of nonprison leave, the offender must reside in, and be supervised within, the state. [1997 c.63 §2; 2003 c.464 §5; 2008 s.35 §5]
Note: See note under 421.500 (Findings).