2011 ORS § 420A.122¹
Notice of release or discharge of youth offender
(1) Prior to a youth offenders release or discharge from a youth correction facility, the Oregon Youth Authority shall notify the following of the release or discharge:
(a) Law enforcement agencies in the community in which the youth offender is going to reside;
(b) The school administrator of the school the youth offender will attend or, if the school the youth offender will attend is unknown, the school administrator of the school district in which the youth offender will reside; and
(c) If requested by the victim, as defined in ORS 419A.004 (Definitions), the victim.
(2) The youth authority shall include in the notification:
(a) The youth offenders name and date of birth;
(b) The names and addresses of the youth offenders parents or guardians;
(c) The name and contact information of the attorney for the youth offender, if known;
(d) The name and contact information of the individual to contact for further information about the notification;
(e) The youth offenders date of release or discharge;
(f) The type of placement to which the youth offender is released;
(g) The specific offense that brought the youth offender within the jurisdiction of the juvenile court;
(h) Any terms of parole including, but not limited to, whether school attendance is a condition of release; and
(i) Any other conditions required by the court.
(3) The youth authority, a law enforcement agency or anyone employed by or acting on behalf of the youth authority or law enforcement agency with responsibility for sending records under this section is not liable civilly or criminally for failing to disclose the information under this section.
(4) No later than seven days after a youth offenders release or discharge from a youth correction facility, the Department of Education or its contractor shall provide the youth offenders education records to the school administrator of the school or of the school district in which the youth offender enrolls.
(5) As used in this section, school administrator has the meaning given that term in ORS 419A.305 (Notice to school administrators concerning students subject to juvenile court petitions). [1999 c.620 §4; 2001 c.884 §7; 2007 c.609 §25; 2009 c.447 §9]
Note: 420A.122 (Notice of release or discharge of youth offender) was added to and made a part of 420A.005 (Definitions) to 420A.155 (Regional residential academies) by legislative action but was not added to any smaller series therein. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.