2011 ORS § 417.799¹
Runaway and homeless youth
- • delivery of services
- • policies
(1) The Department of Human Services is responsible for coordinating statewide planning for delivery of services to runaway and homeless youth and their families.
(2) The department shall recommend policies that integrate a system of services and support for runaway and homeless youth into the states continuum of care for children who are 0 through 18 years of age.
(3) The department may work with the Juvenile Crime Prevention Advisory Committee, the Employment Department, the Housing and Community Services Department, the Department of Community Colleges and Workforce Development, the Department of Education and the Oregon Youth Authority to develop a comprehensive and coordinated approach for services and support for runaway and homeless youth and their families.
(4) In addition to the state agencies listed in subsection (3) of this section, the department shall include representatives of youth, nonprofit organizations and statewide coalitions related to runaway and homeless youth services and supports in the joint process described in subsection (3) of this section.
(5) The department may enter into and renew contracts with providers for the provision of services to runaway and homeless youth and their families. [2005 c.495 §2; 2011 c.678 §2]