2011 ORS § 414.353¹
- • membership
(1) There is created an 11-member Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee responsible for advising the Oregon Health Authority on the implementation of the retrospective and prospective programs and on the Practitioner-Managed Prescription Drug Plan.
(2) The Director of the Oregon Health Authority shall appoint the members of the committee, who shall serve at the pleasure of the director for a term of three years. An individual appointed to the committee may be reappointed upon completion of the individuals term. The membership of the committee shall be composed of the following:
(a) Five persons licensed as physicians and actively engaged in the practice of medicine or osteopathic medicine in Oregon, who may be from among persons recommended by organizations representing physicians;
(b) Four persons licensed in and actively practicing pharmacy in Oregon who may be from among persons recommended by organizations representing pharmacists whether affiliated or unaffiliated with any association; and
(c) Two persons who are not physicians or pharmacists.
(3) If the committee determines that it lacks current clinical or treatment expertise with respect to a particular therapeutic class, or at the request of an interested outside party, the director shall appoint one or more medical experts otherwise qualified as described in subsection (2)(a) of this section who have such expertise. The medical experts shall have full voting rights with respect to recommendations made under ORS 414.361 (Drug utilization review standards and interventions) (3) and (4). The medical experts may participate but may not vote in any other activities of the committee.
(4) The director shall fill a vacancy on the committee by appointing a new member to serve the remainder of the unexpired term. [2011 c.720 §2]
Note: See note under 414.351 (Definitions for ORS 414.351 to 414.414).
Note: Section 3, chapter 720, Oregon Laws 2011, provides:
Sec. 3. Notwithstanding the term of office specified by section 2 of this 2011 Act [414.353 (Committee established)], of the members first appointed to the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee:
(1) Three shall serve for a term ending December 31, 2012.
(2) Three shall serve for a term ending December 31, 2013.
(3) Five shall serve for a term ending December 31, 2014. [2011 c.720 §3]