2013 ORS § 396.145¹
Military staff of Governor
- • Military Council
(1) The military staff of the Governor shall consist of the Chief of Staff to the Governor, the Military Council and such personal aides-de-camp as the Governor shall deem necessary.
(2) The Adjutant General shall be Chief of Staff to the Governor.
(3) The Military Council hereby is established as an advisory board to the Governor for the purpose of advising the Governor in all matters of military interest to the state. It shall consist of the Adjutant General and not fewer than 6 nor more than 10 officers of the Oregon National Guard selected for their knowledge of the service. The Oregon Army National Guard and the Oregon Air National Guard shall be represented on the Military Council in proportion to their total strength.
(4) Personal aides-de-camp to the Governor may be selected from the commissioned officers of the Oregon National Guard or from reserve officers of the Armed Forces of the United States who are residents of Oregon and who are not serving on extended active duty. Officers detailed under this section shall not be relieved from their ordinary duties except when actually on duty with the Governor.
(5) The military staff of the Governor shall, in addition to its other duties, perform such ceremonial functions and duties as the Governor may prescribe. [1961 c.454 §7; 2005 c.512 §4]