2013 ORS § 390.580¹
All-terrain vehicle operating permit
- • rules
- • application
- • fees
- • renewal
(1)(a) An all-terrain vehicle off-road operating permit issued under this section is a decal that authorizes use of the all-terrain vehicle for which it is issued on trails and in areas designated for such use by the appropriate authority.
(b) An all-terrain vehicle decal issued under this section must be permanently affixed to the vehicle and displayed in a clearly visible manner. The State Parks and Recreation Department shall prescribe by rule the manner in which the decal shall be displayed.
(2) The department shall issue an all-terrain vehicle off-road operating permit to any person who completes the application described in subsection (4) of this section and pays the fee specified in subsection (5) of this section.
(3) The department shall specify by rule the form of the permit and the information to be contained on the permit.
(4) Application for an all-terrain vehicle off-road operating permit for a Class I, Class II, Class III or Class IV all-terrain vehicle shall be in a form furnished by the department. The application shall include:
(a) The name and address of the owner of the all-terrain vehicle; and
(b) The make and body style of the all-terrain vehicle for which application is made.
(5) The department shall establish by rule a fee for a permit issued or renewed under this section. The fee shall be designed to cover the costs to the department for issuing or renewing permits under this section but shall not exceed $10.
(6) Permits issued under this section are valid for two years. A permit may be renewed upon submission of an application that contains the information specified in subsection (4) of this section and payment of the renewal fee specified in subsection (5) of this section.
(7) The department may appoint agents to issue permits for all-terrain vehicles. The department shall prescribe the procedure for the issuance of the permits. Agents appointed under this subsection shall issue permits in accordance with the prescribed procedure and shall charge and collect the fees prescribed in this section for the permits. [1999 c.977 §8; 2011 c.360 §10]