2011 ORS § 390.124¹
Commission rulemaking authority
- • charges for use of parks and other areas
- • exceptions
(1) In accordance with any applicable provision of ORS chapter 183, the State Parks and Recreation Commission may adopt rules necessary to carry out the duties, functions and powers imposed by law upon the commission and the State Parks and Recreation Department. Rules adopted pursuant to this section shall be duly entered in the minutes and records of the commission.
(2) The commission may adopt rules that assess reasonable charges, including fee reductions, waivers and exemptions, for the use of areas established and maintained by the department. However, the commission shall authorize the use of any state park, individual campsite or day use fee area without charge:
(a) Upon the showing of proper identification, by a person maintaining a foster home, as defined by ORS 418.625 (Definitions for ORS 418.625 to 418.645), and the persons children, when accompanied by a foster child residing in the home.
(b) Upon the showing of proper identification, by a person maintaining a developmental disability child foster home, as defined by ORS 443.830 (Definitions for ORS 443.830 and 443.835), and the persons children, when accompanied by a foster child residing in the home.
(c) If a deed to, lease of or contract to use the property used as a state park, campsite or day use fee area prohibits the charging of fees for use of the property.
(d) Upon the showing of proper identification, by either a disabled veteran or a person on leave from military active duty status on Memorial Day, Independence Day or Veterans Day.
(3) The commission shall report to an appropriate committee of the Legislative Assembly, no later than January 31 of each odd-numbered year, on the fee reductions, waivers and exemptions adopted by rule by the commission pursuant to subsection (2) of this section.
(4) The commission shall adopt any rules pursuant to ORS chapter 183 that the commission considers necessary to carry out ORS 273.563 (Definitions for ORS 273.563 to 273.591) to 273.591 (Natural Areas Program Account). [1989 c.904 §§10,10a; 1991 c.67 §93; 1999 c.316 §7; 2003 c.519 §1; 2011 c.319 §19]