2015 ORS § 372.010¹
As used in this chapter unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) County board means board of county commissioners or county court of a county.
(2) County means the county in which the district, or the greatest length of highway to be illuminated, is located.
(3) District means a highway lighting district formed under this chapter.
(4) District board or board of commissioners means the governing body of a district.
(5) Highway means any road or way open to public travel.
(6) Owner or landowner means the holder of record title to real property or the vendee under a recorded land sale contract, if there is such a contract. [Amended by 1955 c.80 §1; 1971 c.514 §1; 1983 c.83 §83]