2011 ORS § 367.015¹
Oregon Transportation Infrastructure Fund
- • sources
- • uses
- • rules
- • investment
(1) There is established in the State Treasury, separate and distinct from the General Fund, the Oregon Transportation Infrastructure Fund. All moneys in the infrastructure fund are continuously appropriated to the Department of Transportation for the purposes of ORS 367.010 (Definitions for chapter) to 367.067 (Short Line Credit Premium Account).
(2) The infrastructure fund consists of:
(a) Moneys appropriated to the infrastructure fund by the Legislative Assembly.
(b) Moneys transferred to the infrastructure fund by the department from the State Highway Fund or from other funds available to the Oregon Transportation Commission.
(c) Moneys from any federal grant, state grant or other grant that are deposited in the infrastructure fund.
(d) Proceeds of infrastructure bonds.
(e) Proceeds of Highway User Tax Bonds issued under ORS 367.615 (Bond issuance) for the purpose of providing infrastructure assistance or an infrastructure loan.
(f) Moneys due to a municipality that are withheld pursuant to ORS 367.035 (Loans to municipalities) (3) or (5) and, for a loan made with proceeds of Highway User Tax Bonds, moneys due to a municipality that are withheld pursuant to ORS 367.655 (Loan of bond proceeds to cities and counties) (2)(c).
(g) Earnings on the infrastructure fund.
(h) Moneys paid to the department in connection with infrastructure loans or infrastructure assistance.
(i) Any grants or donations made to the State of Oregon for deposit in the infrastructure fund.
(3) A pledge by the department of its revenues or other moneys in the infrastructure fund is valid and binding from the time the pledge is made as provided in ORS 286A.102 (Lien of a pledge).
(4) The department shall use moneys in the infrastructure fund solely to:
(a) Provide infrastructure loans and infrastructure assistance;
(b) Pay the bond debt service for infrastructure bonds and pay the costs of issuance and other costs related to infrastructure bonds;
(c) Pay the departments costs of administering the infrastructure fund and providing infrastructure loans and infrastructure assistance, including any costs of monitoring transportation projects and obtaining repayment of infrastructure loans and infrastructure assistance;
(d) Pay the departments or another public entitys costs for transportation projects including, but not limited to, projects funded with the proceeds of Highway User Tax Bonds; and
(e) Ensure repayment of loan guarantees or extensions of credit as provided in ORS 367.816 (Use of moneys in Oregon Transportation Infrastructure Fund for projects).
(5) The department may establish separate accounts in the infrastructure fund for infrastructure loans, infrastructure assistance, the funding of infrastructure bond reserves, bond debt service payments for infrastructure bonds and related costs, administrative and operating expenses or any other purpose necessary or desirable for carrying out the purposes of ORS 367.010 (Definitions for chapter) to 367.067 (Short Line Credit Premium Account). The commission may adopt rules that govern how the infrastructure fund and its accounts are used. The infrastructure fund or any of its accounts may be held by an escrow agent or bond trustee.
(6) The department shall administer the infrastructure fund. Moneys in the infrastructure fund, with the approval of the State Treasurer, may be invested as provided by ORS 293.701 (Definitions for ORS 293.701 to 293.820) to 293.820 (Separate accounts for each local government) and the earnings from such investments must be credited to the account in the infrastructure fund designated by the department. [1997 c.679 §2; 2003 c.201 §12; 2003 c.790 §14; 2007 c.783 §162]