2013 ORS § 366.553¹
- • members
- • duties
- • meetings
(1) There is created in the Department of Transportation an advisory committee to advise the Director of Transportation and the Oregon Transportation Commission on policy matters pertaining to the preservation and restoration of the Historic Columbia River Highway. The committee shall consist of 10 members, including the State Parks and Recreation Director, State Historic Preservation Officer, Director of the Oregon Business Development Department or their delegates, one member appointed by the Director of Transportation and six citizen members, two residents each from Wasco, Hood River and Multnomah Counties. The Governor shall appoint one member from each of the three counties and each county commission shall appoint one member respectively. Citizen members shall have knowledge or specific interest in historic or scenic preservation, engineering design, recreation or related disciplines.
(2) The citizen members shall be appointed to terms of four years, commencing on July 1 of the year of appointment. Members of the advisory committee shall be entitled to expenses as provided by ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions) (2).
(3) The committee shall review the departments preparation of the historic road program and its ongoing management and submit recommendations to the Director of Transportation.
(4) The committee shall review proposed highway-related activities and other public actions, except for routine highway maintenance, which may affect the historic integrity, continuity, scenic values, public access and public recreational opportunities within the Columbia River Highway Historic District and submit recommendations to the director. The committee may appoint subcommittees composed of qualified members or other technical specialists, as required, to review plans, construction or other subjects as designated by the committee. The director shall provide notice to the committee of proposed activities, actions or projects at the earliest possible opportunity.
(5) The committee may recommend to the director that a public hearing with appropriate public notification be held for proposed activities, actions or projects which significantly affect the Historic Columbia River Highway.
(6) The committee shall meet regularly a minimum of four times a year at times and places fixed by the chairperson of the committee. The department shall provide personnel services to assist the committee within the limits of available funds. The committee shall adopt rules to govern its proceedings and may select officers it considers necessary. [1987 c.382 §4; 1989 c.904 §61; 1993 c.736 §54; 1993 c.741 §42]
Note: See note under 366.550 (Historic Columbia River Highway defined).
INTERGOVERNMENTAL HIGHWAY COOPERATION