2013 ORS § 359.410¹
- • membership
- • chairperson
(1) There is established a Trust for Cultural Development Board consisting of 11 members appointed by the Governor. The membership of the board must reflect the geographical and cultural diversity of this state. Each member must have a background that demonstrates a commitment to Oregons culture.
(2) The Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President of the Senate shall each appoint a member of the Legislative Assembly to be a nonvoting advisory member of the board.
(3) The term of office of each appointed member is four years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the appointing authority. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the appointing authority shall appoint a successor whose term begins on November 1 next following. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the appointing authority shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(4) The appointment of board members by the Governor is subject to confirmation by the Senate in the manner prescribed in ORS 171.562 (Procedures for confirmation) and 171.565 (Vote required for confirmation).
(5) A member of the board is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions).
(6) The board shall elect one of its voting members as chairperson and another as vice chairperson, for the terms and with the duties and powers necessary for the performance of the functions of such offices as the board determines. [2001 c.954 §4; 2003 c.713 §8; 2009 c.775 §1]