2013 ORS § 357.015¹
Functions of trustees
- • rules
The Trustees of the State Library shall be the policy-making body for the State Library and shall:
(1) Appoint the State Librarian who shall be a graduate of a library school accredited by the American Library Association or who possesses the equivalent in training and experience and who shall serve at the pleasure of the trustees. Except as otherwise provided by law, the trustees shall fix the compensation of the State Librarian.
(2) Formulate general policies for the State Library and, pursuant to ORS chapter 183, adopt rules for its operation.
(3) Review and approve budget requests for the State Library.
(4) Adopt long-range plans for the statewide development and coordination of library service in consultation with libraries, state and local governments and the people of this state.
(5) At the beginning of each odd-numbered year regular session of the Legislative Assembly, advise the Governor and the Legislative Assembly on new programs or legislation necessary for effective library service for the people of this state.
(6) Have control of, use and administer the State Library Donation Fund for the benefit of the State Library, except that every gift, devise or bequest for a specific purpose shall be administered according to its terms. [Formerly 357.230; 1995 c.69 §9; 2011 c.545 §44]