2011 ORS § 351.715¹
Higher Education Coordinating Commission
- • members
- • confirmation
(1) There is established a Higher Education Coordinating Commission, consisting of 15 members appointed by the Governor.
(2) The Governor shall appoint:
(a) One student at a public university listed in ORS 352.002 (Oregon University System);
(b) One student at a community college in this state;
(c) At least one member from each congressional district in this state;
(d) At least four members who represent employers in Oregon, at least two of whom represent small employers and at least two of whom represent large employers; and
(e) At least one member who serves on a district school board as defined in ORS 332.002 (Definitions).
(3) The Governor shall solicit recommendations from the Speaker of the House of Representatives for at least three members and from the President of the Senate for at least three members.
(4) The Governor may appoint members who satisfy more than one of the qualifications for membership listed in subsection (2) of this section.
(5) The term of office of each member is four years, except that the term of office for the two student members is two years. A member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor whose term begins on July 1 next following. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(7) A member of the commission is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). [2011 c.637 §1]
Note: 351.715 (Higher Education Coordinating Commission) becomes operative July 1, 2012. See section 292, chapter 637, Oregon Laws 2011.
Note: 351.715 (Higher Education Coordinating Commission) to 351.738 (Delegation of powers) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 351 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
Note: Section 2, chapter 637, Oregon Laws 2011, provides:
Sec. 2. Notwithstanding the term of office specified by section 1 of this 2011 Act [351.715 (Higher Education Coordinating Commission)], of the members first appointed to the Higher Education Coordinating Commission:
(1) Five, including the two student members, shall serve for a term ending June 30, 2014.
(2) Five shall serve for a term ending June 30, 2015.
(3) Five shall serve for a term ending June 30, 2016. [2011 c.637 §2]