2011 ORS § 348.530¹
- • rulemaking authority
The Oregon Student Access Commission may:
(1) Negotiate for and contract with private and governmental agencies for the establishment of financial aid programs.
(2) Receive gifts of any type, including gifts of stock and real property, for the purpose of establishing, continuing and increasing financial aid.
(3) Administer any form of financial aid submitted to and accepted for administration by the commission.
(4) Authorize payment from funds appropriated therefor, of costs, commissions, attorney fees and other reasonable expenses, including refund of overpayment of fees, that are related to and necessary for making and protecting guaranteed loans and recovering moneys and loans and management of property acquired in connection with such loans.
(5) Sue and be sued.
(6) Pursuant to ORS chapter 183, adopt such rules as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of ORS 348.040 (Definitions for ORS 348.040 to 348.070) to 348.280 (Determination of eligibility for scholarships under ORS 348.270), 348.500 (Purpose) to 348.695 (Rights and remedies of bondholders and trustees) and 348.992 (Criminal penalty).
(7) Cooperatively coordinate all types of financial aid activities.
(8) Establish a State of Oregon scholar program to recognize students with outstanding academic achievement and other demonstrated attributes. The students will not necessarily receive financial aid.
(9) Guarantee loans by eligible lending institutions to student residents of the State of Oregon who are enrolled or accepted for enrollment at any eligible institution, nonresident students enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an institution of higher education or community college in Oregon, and parents of those students, under the provisions of the Higher Education Act of 1965 as amended.
(10) Deny financial aid to any student owing a refund or in default on financial aid previously made available to that student.
(11) Establish and implement any program permitted under federal law to guaranty agencies, including administrative garnishment and wage withholding under Public Law 102-164, section 605. [Formerly 351.645; 1967 c.430 §5; 1973 c.721 §5; 1977 c.725 §9; 1981 c.209 §1; 1987 c.48 §1; 1995 c.179 §8; 1997 c.652 §35; 2003 c.360 §§1,2; 2007 c.426 §§2,3; 2011 c.637 §172]