2015 ORS § 348.520¹
Duties of executive director
The Executive Director of the Office of Student Access and Completion shall:
(1) Make available to qualified persons financial aid from financial sources available to the executive director.
(2) Determine qualifications of persons to receive financial aid.
(3) Maintain reports and records on persons applying for and receiving financial aid from the executive director.
(4) Withhold any financial aid if the recipient thereof fails to maintain the standards established for receipt of that aid.
(5) Recommend to the Legislative Assembly not less than once every biennium matters relating to the establishment, administration, modification, transfer, reduction or cancellation of financial aid.
(6) Prior to implementing changes to the Oregon Opportunity Grant program, report to the Higher Education Coordinating Commission and the Legislative Assembly or the Emergency Board any proposed change:
(a) That increases or decreases the total amount awarded as Oregon Opportunity Grants that was approved as part of the budget enacted by the Legislative Assembly for the Higher Education Coordinating Commission; and
(b) To the methodology used to determine the student share, family share or state share under ORS 348.205 (Oregon Opportunity Grant program).
(7) Encourage the establishment of financial aid programs by private agencies.
(8) Collect and disseminate information pertaining to all types of available financial aid.
(9) Review the administrative practices and evaluate the effectiveness of all public and private post-secondary financial aid programs in Oregon.
(10) Disburse state appropriations for financial aid in such a manner as to maximize its role in cooperative coordination of financial aid programs. [Formerly 351.640 [bad link]; 1967 c.430 §4; 1973 c.815 §4; 1997 c.652 §34; 2007 c.802 §5; 2011 c.637 §§171,171a; 2013 c.747 §114]