2013 ORS § 346.041¹
Resident district responsible for transportation of pupils
- • Special Education Transportation Revolving Account
(1) Transportation for pupils attending the school operated under ORS 346.010 (Training and educational services for children who are deaf) is the responsibility of the pupils resident school district. The district may provide transportation directly or by agreement with another school district, a public carrier or the Department of Education.
(2) The actual and necessary transportation expenses incurred under subsection (1) of this section, at a frequency consistent with a pupils individualized education program, shall be considered approved transportation costs for purposes of ORS 327.006 (Definitions for State School Fund distributions) and 327.033 (Approved transportation costs).
(3) The resident school district shall reimburse the Department of Education for all transportation costs the department incurs on behalf of the district within 10 days after receipt of the itemized invoice.
(4) The payments of the resident school districts required under subsection (3) of this section and an amount specifically appropriated thereto shall be deposited in the State Treasury to the credit of the Special Education Transportation Revolving Account to be used by the Department of Education for the transportation of pupils attending the school operated under ORS 346.010 (Training and educational services for children who are deaf). The account shall be continuously appropriated to the department for such purpose.
(5) Any unexpended and unobligated balance in the Special Education Transportation Revolving Account in excess of $70,000 as of September 1 of any year shall be transferred from the account to the General Fund to be available for general governmental purposes. [1991 c.631 §3; 2007 c.858 §78; 2009 c.562 §31; 2013 c.1 §45]