2013 ORS § 343.152¹
Terminology in individualized education program for child with an intellectual disability
(1) An individualized education program may not use the words retardation or mental retardation to refer to a child with an intellectual disability.
(2) If an individualized education program developed, reviewed or revised before, on or after June 28, 2011, uses the words retardation or mental retardation, those words shall be substituted with other words designating intellectual disability wherever those words occur in the individualized education program. [2011 c.544 §6]
Note: 343.152 (Terminology in individualized education program for child with an intellectual disability) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 343 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
Note: Sections 10 and 23, chapter 771, Oregon Laws 2013, provide:
Sec. 10. Effect of health benefit plan coverage related to autism spectrum disorder on statutory obligations to provide services to individuals with disabilities. (1) Section 2 of this 2013 Act does not limit, replace or affect any obligation of a school district to provide services under an individualized education program to a child with a disability in accordance with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, 20 U.S.C. 1400 et seq., or other publicly funded programs to assist individuals with autism spectrum disorder.
(2) Any governmental or educational entity providing services as required under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, 20 U.S.C. 1400 et seq., as amended, or other state or federal law requiring the provision of services to individuals with disabilities, is prohibited from reducing, eliminating or shifting required services to coverage provided under section 2 of this 2013 Act. [2013 c.771 §10]
Sec. 23. Sections 2 and 10 of this 2013 Act and the amendments to ORS 743A.190 (Children with pervasive developmental disorder) and 750.055 (Other provisions applicable to health care service contractors) by sections 7 and 8 of this 2013 Act apply to health benefit plan policies and certificates:
(1) Offered by the Public Employees Benefit Board or the Oregon Educators Benefit Board for coverage beginning on or after January 1, 2015; and
(2) Other than for plans offered by the Public Employees Benefit Board or the Oregon Educators Benefit Board, for coverage beginning on or after January 1, 2016. [2013 c.771 §23]