2013 ORS § 336.805¹
Reimbursement to course provider
- • limitations on tuition
- • rules
(1) The Department of Transportation shall reimburse a public school, commercial driver training school or county for the cost of providing a traffic safety education course that is certified by the department. Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section and ORS 336.804 (Unavailability of traffic safety education course), the amount of the reimbursement may not exceed $210 for each pupil completing the course and shall be made in the manner provided by ORS 336.810 (Student Driver Training Fund).
(2) If a public school, commercial driver training school or county that provides a traffic safety education course certified by the department offers reduced tuition based on the income of the pupil or of the pupils family, the department may reimburse the provider for the reduction. By rule, the department shall establish one or more levels of reduced tuition, eligibility criteria for receiving reduced tuition and conditions for receiving reimbursement for reduced tuition. Any provider that receives reimbursement under this subsection must give notice of the availability of reduced tuition based on income, in all advertisements and printed informational material for the course and on all websites maintained for the course.
(3) If funds available to the department for the Student Driver Training Fund are not adequate to pay all approved claims in full, public schools, commercial driver training schools and counties shall receive a pro rata reimbursement that is based upon the ratio that the total amount of funds available bears to the total amount of funds required for maximum allowable reimbursement.
(4) A public school, commercial driver training school or county seeking reimbursement under this section may not charge tuition in an amount that is greater than:
(a) For a public school or county, the cost to the public school or county of providing the traffic safety education course less the state reimbursement.
(b) For a commercial driving school, an amount determined by the department by rule.
(5) Each public school, commercial driver training school or county seeking reimbursement under this section must keep accurate records of the cost of the traffic safety education course in the manner required under rules adopted by the department under ORS 336.802 (Traffic safety education course). [Formerly 343.730; 1997 c.119 §2; 1999 c.328 §9; 2005 c.699 §1; 2007 c.858 §67; 2009 c.394 §1; 2011 c.357 §2; 2013 c.102 §1]