2011 ORS § 332.445¹
Regulation of vehicles on school property
- • rules
(1) As used in this section, vehicles means and includes all motor vehicles as defined in ORS 801.360 (Motor vehicle) and every other mechanical device in or on which a person or thing is or may be carried and which is intended for such use except road rollers, farm tractors, traction engines, police ambulances, devices moved exclusively on stationary tracks, devices operated by electric energy transmitted through trolley poles from trolley wires and devices powered exclusively by human power.
(2) A district school board by resolution may adopt, modify or abolish rules prohibiting, restricting or regulating the operation and parking of vehicles, or particular classes or kinds of vehicles, upon property controlled by the district, as the board considers convenient or necessary for the policing of such property. The district school board may require that before a quarterly or yearly parking privilege for any vehicle is granted to any full-time or part-time student to use district property, the student must show that the vehicle is operated by a student holding a valid drivers license, that the vehicle is currently registered and that the student driving the vehicle is insured under a motor vehicle liability insurance policy that meets the requirements described under ORS 806.080 (Insurance) or that the student or owner of the vehicle has provided the Department of Transportation with other satisfactory proof of compliance with the financial responsibility requirements of this state.
(3) The rules adopted under subsection (2) of this section shall become effective when appropriate signs giving notice thereof are erected upon property controlled by the district.
(4) Every peace officer may enforce the rules adopted under subsection (2) of this section.
(5) The district and any municipal corporation or any department, agency or political subdivision of this state may enter into agreements or contracts with each other for the purpose of providing a uniform system of enforcement of the rules adopted under subsection (2) of this section. [Formerly 332.205; 1983 c.338 §912; 1993 c.45 §55; 1993 c.221 §1]