2011 ORS § 314.718¹
Treatment of contributions to partnership
(1) Amounts paid or incurred to organize a partnership may be deducted in the manner provided in section 709(b) of the Internal Revenue Code.
(2) No gain or loss shall be recognized upon a contribution of property to a partnership in exchange for an interest in a partnership, unless allowed pursuant to section 721(b) of the Internal Revenue Code.
(3) The partnerships basis in property contributed to it by a partner is the adjusted basis of the property to that partner at the time of the contribution, plus the amount (if any) of gain recognized by that partner as a result of the transfer of property to the partnership. The partnerships holding period includes the period during which the property was held by the partner.
(4) Any increase in a partners share of partnership liabilities shall be considered as a contribution of money by the partner to the partnership, pursuant to section 752 of the Internal Revenue Code.
(5) Section 724 of the Internal Revenue Code shall be applied in determining the character of gain or loss recognized by a partnership upon the disposition of contributed unrealized receivables, inventory items and capital loss property. [1989 c.625 §37]