2011 ORS § 311.385¹
Deposit of property tax moneys in unsegregated tax collections account
- • time requirements
(1) The tax collector shall deposit all property tax moneys with the county treasurer no later than:
(a) One business day after:
(A) Payment of the moneys is made in person at the office of the tax collector; or
(B) The tax collector receives moneys collected by a financial institution or other collection agency; or
(b) Thirty calendar days after the payment arrives by mail in the county mail receptacle.
(2) The tax collector shall take a receipt for all moneys deposited with the county treasurer.
(3) Property tax moneys shall not be deposited in any account other than the unsegregated tax collections account, except as provided in ORS 311.370 (Receipts for taxes collected in advance of extension on the tax roll), 311.484 (Property tax bankruptcy account) and 311.508 (Disposition of interest on late payments).
(4) No later than one business day after receiving notice of collection of tax moneys by a financial institution or other collection agency, the tax collector shall notify the county treasurer of the collection of those tax moneys.
(5) Except as provided in ORS 311.370 (Receipts for taxes collected in advance of extension on the tax roll), 311.484 (Property tax bankruptcy account) and 311.508 (Disposition of interest on late payments), the county treasurer shall deposit all property tax moneys to an account in the records of the county treasurer designated as the unsegregated tax collections account. Only those moneys that will be distributed under ORS 311.390 (Tax and interest distribution percentage schedule) and interest earned from the investment of those moneys shall be deposited to the unsegregated tax collections account.
(6) As used in this section, property tax moneys includes all ad valorem taxes and all taxes on property, as defined in ORS 310.140 (Legislative findings), and all other amounts specifically authorized by law to be included on the assessment and tax roll, that are certified for collection under ORS 310.060 (Notice certifying taxes) or other law and any interest on those taxes. [1963 c.606 §2; 1967 c.105 §5; 1969 c.595 §6; 1971 c.737 §4; 1985 c.162 §1; 1989 c.796 §13; 1991 c.459 §244; 1995 c.79 §147; 1997 c.631 §449; 2003 c.190 §§8,9; 2007 c.537 §3]