2013 ORS § 308.621¹
When assessment complete
- • certifying to assessors
- • apportioning by assessor
- • levy and collection of taxes
(1) When the Director of the Department of Revenue completes review of the assessment roll, the assessments therein shall be considered complete.
(2) Except as otherwise provided in ORS 308.640 (Assessment and taxation of personal property of small private railcar companies), upon completion of the roll the Department of Revenue shall certify to the assessor of each county in which the property of any company so assessed is located, the number of miles of main and branch lines of the company, including miles of main tracks, spurs, yard and sidetracks, or the number of miles of wire, pipe or pole lines or operational routes, as the case may be, and the assessed values apportioned to the county. The county assessor shall apportion the certified amounts to the municipal corporations and taxing districts of the county by multiplying the value per mile of each main and branch rail line, and of spurs, yard and sidetracks connected therewith, or the value per mile of each wire, pipe or pole line or operational route by the mileage located in each of the municipal corporations and taxing districts, and shall enter the assessments so certified and apportioned in the assessment roll.
(3) The assessed value of any property assessed by the department and apportioned on a basis other than that of rail, wire, pipe or pole line mileage or operational route mileage shall be certified in similar manner to the county assessor and shall be entered in the county assessment roll, with allocation to the municipal corporations and taxing districts in which the property is located.
(4) Taxes shall be levied and collected on properties assessed, certified and apportioned in the same time and manner as taxes on other properties are levied and collected. [Formerly 308.635; 2009 c.128 §12]