2015 ORS § 305.410¹
Authority of court in tax cases within its jurisdiction
- • concurrent jurisdiction
- • exclusive jurisdiction in certain cases
(1) Subject only to the provisions of ORS 305.445 (Appeals to Supreme Court) relating to judicial review by the Supreme Court and to subsection (2) of this section, the tax court shall be the sole, exclusive and final judicial authority for the hearing and determination of all questions of law and fact arising under the tax laws of this state. For the purposes of this section, and except to the extent that they preclude the imposition of other taxes, the following are not tax laws of this state:
(a) ORS chapter 577 relating to Oregon Beef Council contributions.
(c) ORS chapter 477 relating to fire protection assessments.
(d) ORS chapters 731, 732, 733, 734, 737, 742, 743, 743A, 743B, 744, 746, 748 and 750 relating to insurance company fees and taxes.
(e) ORS chapter 473 relating to liquor taxes.
(f) ORS chapter 825 relating to motor carrier taxes.
(g) ORS chapter 319 relating to motor vehicle and aircraft fuel taxes and the road usage charges imposed under ORS 319.885 (Per-mile road usage charge).
(h) ORS title 59 relating to motor vehicle and motor vehicle operators license fees and ORS title 39 relating to boat licenses.
(i) ORS chapter 578 relating to Oregon Wheat Commission assessments.
(j) ORS chapter 462 relating to racing taxes.
(k) ORS chapter 657 relating to unemployment insurance taxes.
(L) ORS chapter 656 relating to workers compensation contributions, assessments or fees.
(m) ORS 311.420 (Dissipation, removal or destruction of value of realty subsequent to assessment or tax day), 311.425 (Removing timber before paying taxes on timber or land prohibited), 311.455 (Tax on personal property as debt), 311.650 (Collection of taxes on real property of the United States held under contract of sale, lease or other interest less than fee), 311.655 (Companies assessed by Department of Revenue) and ORS chapter 312 relating to foreclosure of real and personal property tax liens.
(n) Sections 15 to 22, 24 and 29, chapter 736, Oregon Laws 2003, relating to long term care facility assessments.
(2) The tax court and the circuit courts shall have concurrent jurisdiction to try actions or suits to determine:
(a) The priority of property tax liens in relation to other liens.
(b) The validity of any deed, conveyance, transfer or assignment of real or personal property under ORS 95.060 and 95.070 (1983 Replacement Part) or 95.200 (Definitions for ORS 95.200 to 95.310) to 95.310 (Short title) where the Department of Revenue has or claims a lien or other interest in the property.
(3) Subject only to the provisions of ORS 305.445 (Appeals to Supreme Court) relating to judicial review by the Supreme Court, the tax court shall be the sole, exclusive and final judicial authority for the hearing and determination of all questions of law and fact concerning the authorized uses of the proceeds of bonded indebtedness described in section 11 (11)(d), Article XI of the Oregon Constitution.
(4) Except as permitted under section 2, amended Article VII, Oregon Constitution, this section and ORS 305.445 (Appeals to Supreme Court), no person shall contest, in any action, suit or proceeding in the circuit court or any other court, any matter within the jurisdiction of the tax court. [1961 c.533 §12; 1965 c.6 §2; 1967 c.359 §688; 1969 c.48 §1; 1971 c.567 §14; 1975 c.365 §1; 1977 c.407 §1; 1985 c.149 §5; 1985 c.664 §18; 2003 c.195 §18; 2003 c.604 §100; 2007 c.780 §29; 2013 c.85 §2; 2013 c.781 §26]