2011 ORS § 294.343¹
Internal service funds
(1) A municipal corporation may establish by ordinance or resolution one or more internal service funds. The ordinance or resolution creating the fund shall set forth in detail the following:
(a) The appropriation or appropriations to be charged in order to provide the initial money for financing the fund;
(b) The object or purpose of the fund;
(c) The methods for controlling of expenditures and encumbering of such funds; and
(d) The sources from which the fund shall be replenished.
(2) No person shall expend or encumber or authorize expenditure or encumbrance from funds created in accordance with subsection (1) of this section in excess of the balance of that fund, or for a purpose for which there is no appropriation or source of reimbursement authorized at that time.
(3) The anticipated expenditure for the ensuing year or ensuing budget period from an internal service fund created in accordance with subsection (1) of this section shall be budgeted as any other fund in accordance with ORS 294.305 (Sections constituting Local Budget Law) to 294.565 (Failure to file copy of required budget, reports or other documents), appropriations shall be made for each internal service fund in accordance with ORS 294.456 (Governing body to adopt budget, make appropriations, declare and categorize property tax amount or rate) and expenditures from the internal service fund shall be regulated thereby.
(4) Notwithstanding the limitations in ORS 294.305 (Sections constituting Local Budget Law) to 294.565 (Failure to file copy of required budget, reports or other documents) applicable to increasing the appropriations of funds during the current year or current budget period, the governing body may increase appropriations of the internal service funds by ordinance or resolution.
(5) The charges for services shall be computed to cover all costs for such services and the charges shall be periodically revised to eliminate any element of profit or loss. [Formerly 294.470]