2011 ORS § 293.575¹
Distribution of funds received under the Taylor Grazing Act
- • Taylor Grazing Fund
(1) Except for a distribution charge that shall be deducted to meet expenses incurred by the Oregon Department of Administrative Services in administering this section, all funds received from the United States Government as a distributive share of the amounts collected by the United States Government under the provisions of the Act of Congress of June 28, 1934, public document No. 482, known as the Taylor Grazing Act, and any Act amendatory thereof shall, upon receipt by the State Treasurer be credited to a special fund in the State Treasury to be known as the Taylor Grazing Fund and shall be distributed to the several counties in which such public lands are located. The distribution charge shall be 60 cents per county and is in addition to the transaction charge approved for the department during the budgetary process. The amount of the distribution charges is continuously appropriated to the department to meet expenses incurred in administering this section. The department shall ascertain from the proper United States officers, having the records of receipts from grazing permits and leased public lands, the amount of receipts from such sources in this state for each year for which money is received by the state. A separate account shall be kept of the sum received from each grazing district and lease of public lands, which sum shall be segregated by the department and paid to the county in which the grazing district or leased public land is located, based on the number of animal unit months contained in the grazing district or leased public land within the county from which the moneys are collected. However, where the grazing district or leased public land is located in more than one county, each shall receive such proportional amount of the sum as the animal unit months of such grazing district or leased public land included within the boundary of such county shall bear to the total animal unit months of such grazing district or lease.
(2) As used in this section, animal unit months means the amount of forage required to sustain a bovine animal for one month. [Formerly 606.220 [bad link] and then 291.540; 1981 c.296 §1; 1985 c.787 §6]
Note: Sections 1 and 2, chapter 958, Oregon Laws 2001, provide:
Sec. 1. Distribution of moneys from, or based on, federal Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination Act. (1) The purpose of this section is to ensure that school districts receive a percentage of amounts received by the state under the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination Act of 2000 (P.L. 106-393).
(2) The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall distribute all sums received by the state pursuant to section 102(a)(2), (c)(1) and (d)(1)(A), P.L. 106-393, or based on P.L. 106-393, to counties in the same manner as are sums derived from forest reserve rentals, sales of timber and other sources from forest reserves under ORS 293.560 (Apportionment among counties of moneys received from federal government from forest reserves). The department shall ensure that, of the total amount distributed to all counties in any fiscal year, the percentage distributed to each county in any fiscal year is the same as the countys percentage share of all payments received by the state during the eligibility period described in section 3(2), P.L. 106-393.
(3) A county that receives funds from the department pursuant to subsection (2) of this section as the countys share of federal funds distributed under P.L. 106-393 shall deposit 25 percent of those funds in the county school fund or shall deposit an amount as specified in ORS 294.060 (Apportionment of moneys received by counties from federal forest reserves to road and school funds) (3) to (6).
(4) Pursuant to ORS 328.015 (Apportionment to districts), amounts in the county school fund shall be distributed to the school districts in the county based on the resident average daily membership of the school districts. [2001 c.958 §1; 2003 c.226 §19; 2007 c.891 §1]
Sec. 2. Section 1, chapter 958, Oregon Laws 2001, is repealed on July 1, 2013. [2001 c.958 §2; 2007 c.891 §2]