2013 ORS § 293.445¹
Definition for ORS 293.445 to 293.460
- • authority to make refunds
- • moneys held for refund or payment to claimants
- • deposit
- • rules
- • drawing checks
(2) When any agency determines that moneys have been received by it in excess of the amount legally due and payable to the agency or that it has received moneys to which it has no legal interest, the agency, within three years from the date the money was paid to the agency, shall refund the excess or erroneous payment to the person who made the payment or to the persons legal representative, and such moneys hereby are continuously appropriated for such purpose.
(3) Unless otherwise provided by law, any agency having in its possession any moneys held for refund or payment to claimants or distributees, or for determination or adjustment of license fees or of other amounts due the state, may, with the consent of the State Treasurer and in accordance with rules prescribed by the State Treasurer, deposit such funds in designated accounts with the State Treasurer and make lawful payments or adjustments therefrom to proper claimants or distributees, by checks or orders drawn on the State Treasurer signed by the officer or administrative head of the agency depositing such funds.
(4) If the amount owed is less than a minimum sum established by rule of the agency authorized to make the refund, any agency by rule may provide that refunds shall be paid upon receipt of a written request from the person who paid the money or the legal representative thereof. [Formerly 291.508; 1983 c.246 §4]