2013 ORS § 292.051¹
Deduction of cost of group insurance and other services
- • fee
- • payment of moneys deducted
(1) Except as authority over contracts for health benefit plans described in ORS 243.135 (Health benefit plans for eligible employees) is vested in the Public Employees Benefit Board, upon receipt of the request in writing of an officer or employee so to do, the state official authorized to disburse funds in payment of the salary or wages of the officer or employee may deduct from the salary or wages of the officer or employee an amount of money indicated in the request for payment of the applicable amount set forth in benefit plans selected by the officers or employees or in their behalf for:
(a) Group life insurance, including life insurance for dependents of officers or employees.
(b) Group dental and related services and supplies, or any other remedial care recognized by state law and related services and supplies, other than medical, surgical or hospital care, recognized under state law, including such insurance for dependents of state officers or employees.
(c) Group indemnity insurance for accidental death and dismemberment and for loss of income due to accident, sickness or other disability, including such insurance for dependents of state officers or employees.
(d) Automobile casualty insurance under a monthly payroll deduction program endorsed or offered by an employee organization representing 500 or more state employees. Membership in the employee organization is not a requirement for participation in this program.
(e) Legal insurance under a monthly payroll deduction program endorsed or offered by an employee organization representing 500 or more state employees.
(f) Self-insurance programs that are approved and provided by the Public Employees Benefit Board.
(2) The Oregon Health Authority may establish and collect a fee to cover costs of administering this section.
(3) No state official authorized to disburse funds in payment of salaries or wages is required to make deductions as authorized by subsection (1) of this section for more than one benefit plan of the type referred to in each of the paragraphs in subsection (1) of this section per eligible employee.
(4) Moneys deducted under subsection (1) of this section shall be paid over promptly:
(a) To the insurance companies, agencies or hospital associations, or persons responsible for payment of premiums to the companies, agencies or associations, in accordance with the terms of the contracts made by the officers or employees or in their behalf; or
(b) With respect to self-insurance benefits, in accordance with rules, procedures and directions of the Public Employees Benefit Board.
(5) As used in this section, officer or employee means all persons who receive salaries or wages disbursed by any state official. [1965 c.23 §1; 1971 c.527 §12; 1975 c.475 §1; 1979 c.469 §1; 1979 c.717 §1; 1997 c.222 §43; 2003 c.640 §5; 2011 c.720 §74]