2011 ORS § 291.373¹
Agency report to legislative committees of substantive program changes
- • rules
(1) As used in this section, state agency has the meaning given that term in ORS 291.002 (Definitions).
(2) A state agency shall report, as provided in this section, to the appropriate committee of the Legislative Assembly if the agency makes substantive changes in programs after the agencys budget is approved by the Legislative Assembly.
(3) The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall adopt rules defining what constitutes a substantive program change for purposes of this section. When an agency has made a substantive program change as defined by the department, the agency shall notify the department of the change. The department shall notify the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President of the Senate of substantive program changes made by state agencies.
(4) Based upon information submitted by the Oregon Department of Administrative Services under subsection (3) of this section, the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President of the Senate shall determine which committee is appropriate for each report that is to be made under subsection (2) of this section.
(5) A committee to which a report is to be made under subsection (2) of this section may request that the report be made orally or in writing.
(6) An agency need not report to a committee under subsection (2) of this section on any matter that the agency is required by ORS 291.371 (Salary plan review by legislative review agency), 291.375 (Legislative review of applications for federal financial assistance) and 291.385 (Use of certain federal moneys for employment) to report or present to the Emergency Board or to the Joint Committee on Ways and Means. [2001 c.425 §2]