2015 ORS § 291.050¹
Definitions for ORS 291.050 to 291.060
(1) Fee means an amount imposed and collected by a state agency to defray or recover the costs of administering the law involved in providing a service to the public and used by the state agency to carry out or enforce a law under its jurisdiction. Fee does not include:
(a) Fines, civil penalties or court judgments.
(b) Proceeds from the sale of products or charges for rents, leases or other real estate transactions.
(c) Interest and other charges for bonding and loan transactions.
(d) Charges levied by one state agency on another state agency.
(e) Copying charges for public records as defined in ORS 192.410 (Definitions for ORS 192.410 to 192.505).
(f) Charges for attendance at informational seminars.
(2) Legislatively adopted budget has the meaning given that term in ORS 291.002 (Definitions).
(3) Legislatively approved budget has the meaning given that term in ORS 291.002 (Definitions).
(4) Products means goods and publications purchased voluntarily that have a commercial value. Products does not include licenses or permits issued by state agencies.
(5) State agency means every state officer, board, commission, department, institution, branch or agency of the state government that is subject to the provisions of ORS 291.201 (Tax expenditure defined for ORS 291.201 to 291.222) to 291.222 (Furnishing information and assistance to Governor-elect) and 291.232 (Declaration of policy) to 291.260 (Approving, modifying or disapproving requests and budgets to be submitted to the federal government). State agency includes the Legislative Assembly, including legislative committees and service agencies, the Secretary of State, the State Treasurer and the Judicial Department. State agency does not include a commodity commission established under ORS 576.051 (Definitions for ORS 576.051 to 576.455) to 576.455 (Moneys of abolished commission) or the Oregon Beef Council created under ORS 577.210 (Oregon Beef Council). [1995 c.576 §1; 2003 c.604 §99; 2007 c.827 §1; 2011 c.688 §2]
Note: 291.050 (Definitions for ORS 291.050 to 291.060) to 291.060 (Report of fees to Legislative Assembly) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 291 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.