2013 ORS § 286A.585¹
Lottery bonds for community sports facilities
- • use of proceeds of bonds
(1) Pursuant to ORS 286A.560 (Definitions for ORS 286A.560 to 286A.585 and 327.700 to 327.711) to 286A.585 (Lottery bonds for community sports facilities) and subject to future legislative approval, lottery bonds may be issued to make grants or loans to Oregon cities to fund projects for the reconstruction, renovation or development of community sports facilities in order to make the facilities suitable for use by a major league baseball team if a city is selected as an expansion site by major league baseball or if a major league baseball team agrees to relocate to a city.
(2) The use of lottery bond proceeds is authorized based on the following findings:
(a) The financial assistance to cities will assist in the construction, improvement and expansion of infrastructure and community facilities that comprise the physical foundation for commercial activity and provide the basic framework for continued and expanded economic opportunities and quality communities throughout Oregon.
(b) Such financial assistance to cities will therefore promote economic development within this state, and thus the use of net proceeds derived from the operation of the Oregon State Lottery to pay debt service on lottery bonds issued under this section to provide such financial assistance to cities is an appropriate use of state lottery funds under section 4, Article XV of the Oregon Constitution, and ORS 461.510 (State Lottery Fund).
(3) Lottery bonds issued pursuant to this section shall be issued only at the request of the Director of the Oregon Business Development Department.
(4) The net proceeds of lottery bonds issued pursuant to this section shall be deposited in the Economic Infrastructure Project Fund established by ORS 285B.551 (Issuance of additional lottery bonds). The Director of the Oregon Business Development Department shall allocate the moneys deposited in the Economic Infrastructure Project Fund for the purpose described in this section in accordance with the priorities developed by the Oregon Business Development Commission in accordance with ORS 285A.020 (Legislative findings).
(5) The proceeds of lottery bonds issued pursuant to this section shall be used only for the purposes set forth in this section and for bond-related costs. [Formerly 286.585 [bad link]]