2013 ORS § 285A.045¹
Duties and functions of commission
- • exercise of commission powers
- • rules
(1) As its primary duty, the Oregon Business Development Commission shall develop and maintain the economic development policy and strategy for this state outlined in ORS 285A.020 (Legislative findings).
(2) The commission shall provide oversight and direction to the Oregon Business Development Department in carrying out the economic development policies and strategy established by the commission. In addition, the commission may perform any other duty vested in the commission by law.
(3) The commission shall keep complete and accurate records of all the meetings, transactions and business of the commission at the office of the department.
(4) When a power, duty or function is vested in the commission, the commission may designate department officers, agents, employees or committee members to exercise the power, duty or function of the commission. When the commission designates a person in writing to exercise a power, duty or function of the commission, the person may exercise the power, duty or function.
(5) In carrying out its duties under subsection (1) of this section, the commission shall coordinate its activities with federal, state and local agencies, community partners and regions, when appropriate.
(6) The commission may prepare and submit suggested administrative rules to the Director of the Oregon Business Development Department that the commission determines are necessary for the objectives and programs of the department. [Formerly 285.011 [bad link]; 1999 c.509 §4; 2001 c.174 §1; 2001 c.419 §7; 2001 c.883 §1c; 2007 c.804 §4; 2009 c.830 §11]