2013 ORS § 279C.845¹
Certified statements regarding payment of prevailing rates of wage
- • retainage
(1) The contractor or the contractors surety and every subcontractor or the subcontractors surety shall file certified statements with the public agency in writing, on a form prescribed by the Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industries, certifying:
(a) The hourly rate of wage paid each worker whom the contractor or the subcontractor has employed upon the public works; and
(b) That no worker employed upon the public works has been paid less than the prevailing rate of wage or less than the minimum hourly rate of wage specified in the contract.
(2) The certified statement shall be verified by the oath of the contractor or the contractors surety or subcontractor or the subcontractors surety that the contractor or subcontractor has read the certified statement, that the contractor or subcontractor knows the contents of the certified statement and that to the contractor or subcontractors knowledge the certified statement is true.
(3) The certified statements shall set out accurately and completely the contractors or subcontractors payroll records, including the name and address of each worker, the workers correct classification, rate of pay, daily and weekly number of hours worked and the gross wages the worker earned upon the public works during each week identified in the certified statement.
(4) The contractor or subcontractor shall deliver or mail each certified statement required by subsection (1) of this section to the public agency. Certified statements for each week during which the contractor or subcontractor employs a worker upon the public works shall be submitted once a month, by the fifth business day of the following month. Information submitted on certified statements may be used only to ensure compliance with the provisions of ORS 279C.800 (Definitions for ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870) to 279C.870 (Civil action to enforce payment of prevailing rates of wage).
(5) Each contractor or subcontractor shall preserve the certified statements for a period of three years from the date of completion of the contract.
(6) Certified statements received by a public agency are public records subject to the provisions of ORS 192.410 (Definitions for ORS 192.410 to 192.505) to 192.505 (Exempt and nonexempt public record to be separated).
(7) Notwithstanding ORS 279C.555 (Withholding of retainage) or 279C.570 (Prompt payment policy) (7), if a contractor is required to file certified statements under this section, the public agency shall retain 25 percent of any amount earned by the contractor on the public works until the contractor has filed with the public agency certified statements as required by this section. The public agency shall pay the contractor the amount retained under this subsection within 14 days after the contractor files the certified statements as required by this section, regardless of whether a subcontractor has failed to file certified statements as required by this section. The public agency is not required to verify the truth of the contents of certified statements filed by the contractor under this section.
(8) Notwithstanding ORS 279C.555 (Withholding of retainage), the contractor shall retain 25 percent of any amount earned by a first-tier subcontractor on a public works until the subcontractor has filed with the public agency certified statements as required by this section. The contractor shall verify that the first-tier subcontractor has filed the certified statements before the contractor may pay the subcontractor any amount retained under this subsection. The contractor shall pay the first-tier subcontractor the amount retained under this subsection within 14 days after the subcontractor files the certified statements as required by this section. Neither the public agency nor the contractor is required to verify the truth of the contents of certified statements filed by a first-tier subcontractor under this section. [2003 c.794 §169; 2005 c.360 §11; 2009 c.7 §1]