2013 ORS § 276.055¹
Capitol Planning Commission
- • compensation
- • meetings
(1) The Capitol Planning Commission is established. The commission shall consist of nine members, as follows:
(a) Four members shall be appointed by the Governor;
(b) One member shall be the Mayor of the City of Salem or the designee of the mayor;
(c) One member shall be the chairperson of the Salem Planning Commission or a member of the planning commission who is designated by the chairperson;
(d) One member shall be the Director of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services or the designee of the director;
(e) One member, who shall be an advisory member without vote, shall be the President of the Senate or a person serving in the Senate who is designated by the President; and
(f) One member, who shall be an advisory member without vote, shall be the Speaker of the House of Representatives or a person serving in the House of Representatives who is designated by the Speaker.
(2) Of the four members of the commission appointed by the Governor under subsection (1) of this section:
(a) At least two members must be residents of Marion County or Polk County. Of the members who are residents of Marion County or Polk County, at least one member must be a resident of the City of Salem.
(b) Only one member may be employed by a public body as defined in ORS 174.109 (Public body defined).
(3) The term of office of the four members of the commission appointed by the Governor is four years, but each such member shall serve at the pleasure of the Governor.
(4) A vacancy in the office of any of the four members of the commission appointed by the Governor shall be filled by the Governor by appointment for the unexpired term.
(5) The commission shall elect a chairperson and a vice chairperson, who shall serve as officers for a term of two years and may be reelected.
(6) Members of the Capitol Planning Commission who are not members of the Legislative Assembly are entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). Members of the commission who are members of the Legislative Assembly shall be paid compensation and expense reimbursement as provided in ORS 171.072 (Salary of members and presiding officers), payable from funds appropriated to the Legislative Assembly.
(7) The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall provide staffing and other resources required by the commission to carry out the commissions duties.
(8) The commission shall adopt administrative rules necessary for the performance of the commissions duties.
(9) The Capitol Planning Commission shall meet at the call of the chairperson or at such times that a majority of the commission members considers appropriate. The Governor may call the commission to meet at any time requested by the Oregon Department of Administrative Services. [2009 c.896 §§1 to 3]
Note: 276.055 (Capitol Planning Commission) to 276.061 (Commissions cooperation with City of Salem) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 276 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.