2015 ORS § 270.120¹
- • membership
- • officers
- • compensation and expenses
- • duties
(1) In exercising certain of its functions under ORS 184.634 (Disposition of real property by department), 270.005 (Definitions) to 270.015 (Effect of ORS 270.005 to 270.190), 270.100 (Notice to department before sale of real property) to 270.190 (Disposition of operating fund revenues), 273.416 (Exchange of property held as trust fund asset), 273.426 (Exchange of property) to 273.436 (Lease procedure) and 273.551 (Mining and drilling leases on state lands), the Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall be advised by an advisory committee consisting of seven members appointed by the Governor.
(2) The advisory committee appointed under subsection (1) of this section shall consist of two members of the Legislative Assembly, one real estate licensee as defined in ORS 696.010 (Definitions), two persons who serve in the executive branch of state government, one person qualified as a land use planner, and one person qualified as a real estate management expert.
(3) Members of the advisory committee shall meet at such times and places and elect such officers and make such rules for the conduct of committee business as the committee may specify.
(4) Members of the advisory committee who are not members of the Legislative Assembly are entitled to compensation under ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). Members of the advisory committee who are members of the Legislative Assembly shall be paid compensation and expense reimbursement as provided in ORS 171.072 (Salary of members and presiding officers), payable from funds appropriated to the Legislative Assembly.
(5) Expenses of the committee shall be paid from funds appropriated to the department to carry out subsection (6) of this section.
(6)(a) The advisory committee shall advise the department on the acquisition, exchange or disposal of real property valued at $100,000 or more.
(b) The department may request the advice of the committee involving any real property transaction valued less than $100,000. [Formerly 273.655; 1997 c.632 §2; 1999 c.314 §82; 2007 c.319 §27; 2013 c.145 §8]