2013 ORS § 264.430¹
Proceedings of board
- • election of officers
- • employment of personnel
(1) The board of commissioners shall hold meetings at such time and place within the district as it may determine. The board shall hold at least one regular meeting in each month on a day to be fixed by it, and may hold special meetings under such rules as it may make.
(2) The board shall, at the time of its organization, choose from the commissioners a president, a secretary and a treasurer, who shall hold their offices until the first regular meeting in January, or until their successors are elected and qualified. The officers shall have, respectively, the powers and shall perform the duties usual in such cases. A majority shall constitute a quorum to do business and, in the absence of the president, any other member may preside at a meeting.
(3) The board of commissioners may employ engineers, superintendents, mechanics, clerks or other persons as it may find requisite, necessary or convenient in carrying on any work of the district and at a rate of remuneration as it may consider just.
(4) The board may provide life insurance and retirement or pension plans for employees of a district, if the insurer issuing the policy is licensed to do business in the State of Oregon. [Amended by 1965 c.307 §1; 1969 c.344 §4; 1969 c.345 §4; 1969 c.666 §§32, 66; 1971 c.403 §3]